I was diagnosed with lichenoid mucositis epithelial atypia three years ago via biopsy. I go every six months for a cleaning /exam. My dr says everything is fine, but I'm constantly worried that there is some underlying cause. Should I be worried?

Dr. Elton Behner
36 years experience in Dentistry
Have it checked: regularly. Lichenoid mucositis is a noncommittal term referring to a wide range of mucosal lesions which closely mimic oral lichen planus both clinically and histologically, yet may represent a different cause altogether. In some cases it can be considered a pre-cancerous lesion.
Answered on Dec 28, 2017
1
1
Dr. Elton Behner
36 years experience in Dentistry
Provided original answer
Happy to be of service.
Dec 28, 2017