U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old male asked:

I have what feels like lumps just under my skin located between my ribcage and pelvis on the left hand side. it is not sore just wierd?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Lumps: Benign fatty growths called lipomas can present like this. Since there is no discoloration or tenderness, inflammation or infection are not present. A physician or dermatologist would have to examine these lumps in order to make a diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 15, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.