Lincoln, NE

can moderate alcohol use, that is 4-5 drinks per week cause vitamin b-12 deficiency and peripheral neuropathy?

Pathology 49 years experience
Depends on diet: If you are a vegetarian, you could develop B12 deficiency. Alcohol alone can cause neuropathy and it would be prudent to avoid it. Alcohol is a poison that never did anybody any good, ever. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Pathology 49 years experience
Provided original answer
Wish you good health!
Dec 15, 2017