ZA

I had core decompression done on both my hips in january.how long does full recovery normally take?i have improved but is it normal to still have a little pain (groin area & where drillings where made) especially when its cold, & the clicking sound?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
Full recovery from: this procedure may take up to 6 to 12 months to heal fully. You may be on crutches for 6-12 weeks. I'm not sure when you submitted your question, but you may have had the surgery 11+ months ago now. If you just have a little pain and some clicking, that could well be considered normal. Mention it to you orthopedic surgeon the next time you see her/him in follow-up. Stay well:)
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 6, 2017