Dearborn, MI

35yo woman. mass 1.811.5cm right breast.and another mass left breast 1.30.61cm . core biopsy results are : benign fibrodenomatoid hyperplasia and fibrocystic changes. what next ? removal adviced? risk factor for cancer ? thanks drs.

Dr. John Berryman
Breast masses/bilat: At 35, and not on oral contraceptives, fibrocystic disease is the most common source of benign breast masses. Depending on your family history, this report in and of itself is not a risk for onset of cancer. You might consider low dose oral contraceptives, to lower the estrogen exposure to your breasts, and to reduce the fibrocystic changes which can make cancer detection more difficult.
Dr. Juan Cucalon
Specializes in Anesthesiology
Fibroadenoma: Fibroadenoma is a benign condition of the breast. I will advice to keep an eye on it.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Breast surgeon: I don't feel you're at particularly high risk for breast cancer in light of your biopsy findings, but in cases such as yours I strongly recommend that you be followed by a breast surgeon and abide by his or her advice. Appropriate follow-up tests and examinations will be done.

Last updated Dec 3, 2017