Rice, MN

I have a ruptured ligament in ankle. doc says i need surgery but ive already been playing on it for a year. will it get worse if i continue to play?

Dr. Mita Shah
Dentistry 9 years experience
You should stop play: can get worst and not repairable
Dr. Julio Rodriguez
You must be seen: your case is not urgent but I think you must be evaluate by orthopedic doctor and get MRI to define how severe was the injury. Not playing sport is the last think that one doctor can recommended
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 33 years experience
Can't make: an absolute prediction due to lack of specifics, but there is a potential for getting worse, including early degenerative arthritis if there is instability or altered mechanics, and the possibility of the injury becoming irreparable or more difficult to repair. See an ankle specialist/orthopedic surgeon for a comprehensive re-evaluation.

Last updated Nov 21, 2017