Indianapolis, IN

I have been diagnosed with a vitamin d deficiency. my lab results came back at 25. when i tried to supplement 1000iu of d3 i started getting heart palpitations, joint pain and anxiety. how else can i address low vitamin d. ?

Dr. Yash Khanna
NotTooLowVitD: You are making yourself sick with extreme anxiety.First of all low vitamin level at 25 is low but not too low and usually does not cause any symptoms.Secondly D3 supplementation with 1000 unit a day is a small dose and does not cause any problems with joints and heart.You have to learn to relax and the only way you can address low vitamin D of 25 is by taking vitamin d to increse the level to>30