How long would naproxen take to work for me? I have a huge swelling around my implant breast (mascetomy surgery) and I pulled myself at work

Dr. Evans Prieston
43 years experience in Pharmacology
Naproxen Onset: There is often variability between patients, but with Naproxen, one could expect to experience some Pain relief within an hour. The maximal effect is usually experienced within 2-3 hours. What’s important to remember is that the duration of action of Naproxen is longer than ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, etc). Therefore, Naproxen should not be taken more frequently than every 8 hours,usually 12 hrs
Answered on Nov 28, 2017