1st scan at 6+1 measuing 8mm with possible yolk sac. scan 10days later found 2 sacs - 8mm empty and 13mm with haemorrage. another scan in 1week. help?

Dr. Elizabeth Reynoso
16 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Hard to know: Early ultrasound in pregnancy can sometimes be inaccurate because a fetal pole needs to be big enough for the ultrasound technology to pick up. Typically we expect the gestational sac to grow between ultrasounds and the development of a fetal pole over time as well. No development of fetal pole could indicate very early pregnancy or blighted ovum
Answered on Sep 13, 2017