ZA

I was bitten by a tick on my head. i pulled it out as i didn't know what it was. should i take any meds of precautions?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Tick bite: There MAY be more of the tick in your skin. Please see your doctor for an exam and take a close look yourself. He/she MAY provide antibiotics if needed. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 24 years experience
Tick bite prevention: If a tick bites you, it's best to talk to a doctor about it - especially an Infectious Diseases doctor who would know the risks involved. If you still have the tick, you can put it in a plastic ziplock back and bring it to the doctor's office. The tick can be analyzed for Lyme disease among other things. There is prophylaxis (prevention) for Lyme disease after a bite - but make sure a doc knows.