U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old female asked:

I have 5 small black/blue freckles around my anus. i have had hemorrhoids in the past & more recently red blood after wiping. also, ibd symptoms. help?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Proctologist: I find that a proctologist is much better qualified and more interested in treating anal and hemorrhoidal problems, but a gastroenterologist is best to evaluate and treat issues concerning IBD or IBS.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 7, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.