A member asked:

I have been having irritation around my nose and on my nose itself...it itches me and its fairer than my face...i suspected eczema so in tried all sort of antifungal and antibacterial tube creams but its not working instead its spreading?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan answered

Specializes in Dermatology

Can you see a dermatologist? First stop experimenting. The "antifungal" and "antibacterial" creams which you fail to identify may be irritating and probably cause allergic reactions.These will itch. The more you use them the worse you will get. Prolonged inflammation may cause loss of pigment. You might try hydrocortisone cream, but the most important thing is to STOP EXPERIMENTING.

Answered Sep 14, 2020



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor