U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

I am experiencing skin sores, itchy rash (severity: severe) (quality: severe itching) (side: scalp) , rash in armpit (quality: pustules or pimples) , itch, leg numbness and skin rash (quality: itchiness, blisters, crusty, bumpy, red or bluish purple, fla

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Dermatologist: A dermatologist is best qualified to diagnose and treat this problem. I would be concerned about scabies which can cause these symptoms.
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Sore/ itchy rash: May be eczema, psoriasis which could respond to steroids but may need stronger treatment if diffuse , folliculitis for which mupirocin topical and bactrim oral if not allergic would help , or autoimmune process . or food intolerence- gluten, milk . Would follow up with dermatologist
Last updated Jan 17, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.