U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Santa Clara, CA
A 41-year-old male asked:

41 year old healthy male. total cholesterol of 235. ldl of 151, hdl of 66, trigs of 91. should i be concerned about ldl levels? i exercise/eat well

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
Yes: Depending on your family history and other risk factors you may need medical treatment for prevention of cardiovascular disease. It would be prudent to discuss it with the doctor who ordered these tests. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 16, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.