Manitou Beach-Devils Lake, MI

Is it okay to have mild pains in my left side? i dont know for a fact that my spleen is swollen but i was diagnosed with mono 2 weeks ago.

Dr. Andrew Hoffman
General Surgery 36 years experience
Pain can happen: If you have mono & If your spleen is involved ... It might swell and stretch the splenic capsule causing pain. The spleen also might break open and bleed in worst cases. Although mono sounds like a reasonable explanation of your pain, please stay in close contact with your doctor to keep tabs on this.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ralph Kingsford
Okay if it's mild: You could have abdominal pain. As long as it's mild, it is okay. I suggest avoiding any contact sport or strenuous exercise If the pain worsens have it checked out.