My 1 year old daughter has a small pea sized lump under her skin on the right side of her neck and has had it for a few months now, what is it?

Lymph node: There are many lymph nodes in the neck and back of the head that are often more noticeable because they are located where our fat pads don't hide them. If you feel around you should find several the size of a pea ; sometimes bigger.They can increase to the size of a big peanut if stimulated by local factors, illness or vaccines.I would just monitor it or have doc see it during regular visit.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 26, 2019