United Kingdom

Small pea sized lump on tendon i think on the left side of my neck, approx 6/7 mm . more noticeable when i turn my head to the far right. feels slightly firm. no other symptoms at this stage. don't know how long i've had it, noticed about 4 days ago?

Dr. Tinuola Adeyanju
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 41 years experience
It may be transient if it is a reactive lymph node. You should wait and see if no other symptoms nor signs like the swelling getting bigger. It may take a while for it not to be noticed. Seek evaluation if there are persistent symptoms.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 51 years experience
It is not feasible to know without examining you. You may watch and wait. You may feel the "lump" every couple of weeks, if the lump doubles in size, becomes painful, ulcerates, or other lumps appear, or you develop fever, or lose weight, you should see a doctor. Wish you good health!
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
Additionally it may be a lymph node. Oral lesions (tooth or gum infection) can cause enlargement. How long since your last dental check-up?
Dec 31, 2021
Last updated Dec 31, 2021