U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Last week, my ear piercing got infected so i used undiluted dettol to clean it. the skin is now blistered & inflamed. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 59 years experience
See a dermatologist: Consider a staph infection or an allergy to something used on it. Dettol is probably not a factor. A common cause for this is bacitracin or neosporin allergy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 20, 2017

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.