United Kingdom

I got my daith pierced almost a week ago and have now started to suffer with ear pain behind the back of my ear ? the piercing doesn't look infected

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Infection possible: There are lymph nodes ("glands") behind the ear called postauricular lymph nodes. One of their jobs is to filter out & kill bacteria, preventing infection from getting into the bloodstream. They can become painful & swollen when there is infection of the external ear. Even if the ear itself does not appear infected, there is a possibility that it is so. It is worthwhile being examined in clinic.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 12, 2015