what causes leg pain during pregnancy?

Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Possible blood clot: Many women are awakened by leg cramps at night. Try stretching before you go to bed. Stay well hydrated. A cramp in the leg can also mean that you have a blood clot, especially but not necessarily if it is accompanied by swelling. You need to discuss this with your doctor as it can be very dangerous.
Dr. Nick (Donald) Morrison
Phlebology 30 years experience
One cause Veins: Many women have inherited the gene for venous disease. Then with hormones of pregnancy, increased pressure on the pelvic veins and leg veins. There is venous reflux. Please wear prescription support stockings throughout your pregnancy.