CT

Moms blood protein high@ 8.5g/dl (8.3 upper limit). alb ok. glob@ upper limit of normal. a/g ratio low@ .8 (1.1-2.2). low iron,high ferritin. hgb low@ 12g/dl (12.5-16). egfr 59. can biopsy-proven chronic gastritis explain? push for electrophoresis?

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Gastroenterology 35 years experience
Repeat labs: All of the abnormal labs there are borderline. None of them seem to stand out as a major problem. I think if she has a diagnosis of gastritis, and it is being treated, it would be OK to wait a few weeks and redraw her blood work to see if it is still abnormal. Good luck to both of you.
Dr. Harold Fields
Lab: The results are all fairly normal and does not make me feel that there is anything really serious going on. However you need to link the lab results with the clinical condition of the patient. I would leave it to my physician to decide what ny to be done

Last updated Nov 28, 2017