Two weeks after torn knee cartlidge. Now swelling of leg from knee down to foot.ankle is really swollen. Can this injury cause generalized swelling?

Dr. Susan Rhoads
37 years experience in Family Medicine
Blood clot?: Swelling of one lower leg, especially after an injury, can be a sign of a blood clot (deep vein thrombosis). This is serious, because if you have a DVT, parts of the clot can break off and spread through your circulation to your lungs, causing a pulmonary embolus, which is very dangerous! Please go to an ER now.
Answered on Jun 5, 2018
1
1
Provided original answer
Dr. Susan Rhoads
37 years experience in Family Medicine
Thanks for the thanks! That was sweet of you. But now go to an ER!
Jun 4, 2017