Auburn, ME

I am wearing an ace wrap on my left knee to reduce swelling in the knee but i just noticed that my foot and ankle are now swollen. why is this happening. the ace wrap is not tight. how long should you wear an ace wrap? please help?

Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 44 years experience
There are certain things we do not have control over, gravity is one of them. The swelling in your knee will seek a lower level and then you have to start getting rid of the Edema in the foot and ankle. It’s very important to resolve the swelling because you cannot heal completely until the swelling is gone. It affects your range of motion and strength. Physical therapy is very beneficial.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2021