Brookings, OR

I have a pilar cyst the back of my head and for 10 year it has been no big deal but the last 3 day it has become sore headaches like got a pulse?

Dr. Edward Workman
Specializes in Pain Management
?occipital pinching: A cyst on the back of the head can swell and contact a multitude of nerves and blood vessels in the posterior neck. One of the common events is that the cyst pushes on the occipital nerve root (which has nerves running up and over the head to the forehead) and the adjacent occipital artery. This can cause the exact symptoms you have having. If not improved in a day or so, see your PCP.

Last updated Apr 19, 2018