China

I sprained my ankle playing football 5 days back.i have been using ice packs but today i found bluish discoloration below the injury. is it a concern?

Dr.
X Ray: It is ideal that you get an X Ray done to rule out a fracture. Your symptoms sound like simple bruising due to damaged blood vessels that appears after a nasty sprain.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Gravity and fluid.: When blood gushes out of torn blood vessels, it will move between the layers of skin and tissues. Gravity will make sure that the trapped blood moves downward. It can take several days to see the full effect. I think you can stop with the ice now. The key is promote healing now and too much cold will delay the process of protein repair.

Last updated May 23, 2017