my doctor told me to stop taking the propanolol 60mg er after a month what kind of side effects are there and will they be bad? it's been two days

2 doctor answers
Dr. Donald Colantino
Withdrawal: Withdrawal from chronic propranolol(a beta blocker), can cause some anxiety symptoms, faster heart rate or a rise in blood pressure. Tapering off it is preferable rather than abruptly stopping it. You were not taking a strong dose, however, and I'd be surprised if you have serious effects from stopping it.
Answered on May 12, 2017
1
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Propanolol: It depends on why you were taking it. If for palpitation, they may return, if for high blood pressure, it may go up unless you are on other medications , if for anxiety it may return. if you have asthma and propanolol was making it worse your asthma may improve. Would call you doctor and discuss the reason why he stopped it and if you should slowly taper it off rather than cold turkey. .
Answered on May 12, 2017
1