Philippines

My x-ray results show i have fibrotic scarring, right upper lobe minimal fluid versus pleural thickening left costrophrenic sulcus.what is that means?

Dr. Michael Sanders
Pulmonology 17 years experience
Need to see images: Based on the description you gave, I would need to see the images. It certainly could be some minimal scarring in the right upper lobe & nothing to worry about. It could also be some fluid there, which if that's that case, it would need to be sampled more than likely. The pleural thickening could be related to the fibrosis, or potentially another cause. Let me know if you can upload the xray.

Last updated Oct 5, 2020