U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Newburgh, NY
A 29-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing inattention and restlessness. the following also describe me: hyperactivity, poor concentration, and impulsive or reckless behav...

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kathryn Seifert
Clinical Psychology 28 years experience
See your doctor: It it's possible that it could be ADHD. There are several solutions to try. Find some meditation apps and use them to help you concentrate and focus. Are there any medications that you are taking that would have this side effect? Check with a pharmacist or. Doctor. If you have always been this way, it is more likely to be ADHD. If it is new, something else may be causing it. See your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Common problem: People perform at their worst when they have insufficient restorative sleep, are poorly nourished, are fighting illness or in a stressful setting. If some of these apply to or could be improved by you you could see how it helps. If not,meet with your doc and share your history and symptoms. Acquiring these patterns as an adult is more worrisome to me than those that have it from childhood.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 16, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.