Midland, TX
A 25-year-old male asked:

I am experiencing inattention. the following also describe me: memory problems and poor concentration. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Possible ADHD: Start with a focused visit with your primary care doctor or neurologist who can start with an assessment for possible ADHD which is based on history and also screen for mood and chemical use disorders, both of which can cause inattention and poor concentration as well. Onset of symptoms is especially important, and if present since childhood, documents from teachers or parent observations help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 7, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.