U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Los Angeles, CA
A 16-year-old male asked:

I am experiencing feeling anxious that is unaffected by psychological stress, paranoid, fear of embarrassment, personality changes, nervousness, restlessness, poor concentration, rapid speech, frightening thoughts, irrational fear, mood swings

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Find a life coach: Life often sends us challenges that we do not have the skills to manage. You wouldn't try to fix your bad appendix on your own & shouldn't try to fix this either. You should see your doc to rule out a medical problem. If you are okay there s/he can recommend a life coach/therapist who can explore the issue & teach you how to deal with this. That is what they do. Do the work & life can be better.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Can see pediatrician: A teen with mood, anxiety, fear, and recurring thoughts issues can his primary care doctor, such as his pediatrician. The doctor will talk with the teen and get the whole story (may take a couple of visits). There is good treatment for anxiety and recurring thoughts, etc..., and the medications can be adjusted to the lowest dose that creates a helpful effect. Some tests may be needed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 2, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.