U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old male asked:

Once the foot arch falls is there anything to do to restore the normal arch? i'm afraid my arch fell after i changed shoes. the arch was higher before

2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Darrell Latva
Podiatry 43 years experience
TPTD?: You write as if it's only one foot. The most common cause of unilateral (one side) flatfoot in an adult is called Tibialis Posterior Tendon Dysfunction. Without treatment, it usually gets worse over time. See a board certified podiatrist-contact ABFAS.org to find one by you, or a foot/ankle trained orthopedist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David Kahan
Podiatry 33 years experience
TPTD Likely: Agree with previous answer with regards to Tibialis Posterior Tendon Dysfunction. Seek the advice of a Podiatrist for a definitive diagnosis. Please understand me though that seeking a board certified podiatrist or physician has no bearing on the qualifications or knowledge of the doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.