Once the foot arch falls is there anything to do to restore the normal arch? i'm afraid my arch fell after i changed shoes. the arch was higher before

9 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Darrell Latva answered

Specializes in Podiatry

TPTD?: You write as if it's only one foot. The most common cause of unilateral (one side) flatfoot in an adult is called Tibialis Posterior Tendon Dysfunction. Without treatment, it usually gets worse over time. See a board certified podiatrist-contact ABFAS.org to find one by you, or a foot/ankle trained orthopedist.

Answered 4/12/2017

739 views

Dr. David Kahan answered

Specializes in Podiatry

TPTD Likely: Agree with previous answer with regards to Tibialis Posterior Tendon Dysfunction. Seek the advice of a Podiatrist for a definitive diagnosis. Please understand me though that seeking a board certified podiatrist or physician has no bearing on the qualifications or knowledge of the doctor.

Answered 6/10/2017

733 views