United Kingdom

I am experiencing ankle swelling and ankle pain. the following also describe me: foot tenderness to touch, difficulty moving joint, and ankle weakness. what should i do? had a fall in the street while traveling in peru 9 1/2 weeks ago. still complic

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Why RU waiting?: The first thing to do is get off your foot. Keep it elevated and get yourself to a facility that treats ankle, foot trauma. There are many possibilities, and from the sound of it, they are all bad. Are you out the door yet?
Dr. Brian Sabb
Sports Medicine 26 years experience
Post traumatic pain: There are many possibilities. One of the main ones to consider is fracture after your fall. Other considerations include soft tissue injury (tendons and ligaments) and osteochondral lesions (usually of the talus). With persistent signs and symptoms, you should see a physician and he or she will likely get XR. I hope this helps and that you get better soon.
Last updated Oct 7, 2017