Australia

my blood test showed anemia but after 6mths daily iron tablets no change. i regularly eat red meat, green veg etc & on the pill. what could cause this?

Pathology 49 years experience
Need more info: What was your hemoglobin at the beginning and end of six months? How much iron did you take? Could it be that you are losing blood in the stomach or intestine? Could it be that your anemia is not due to iron deficiency? Could you have thalassemia trait that looks like iron deficiency? It would be prudent to discuss all of this with your doctor.