anemia so i take iron tablet (sangobion ) for almost 5 mth, everyday take 1 tablet, going to do a retest for blood test next mth. will i overdose?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
Anemia: Not all anemia is caused by iron deficiency- so i would advice you to get a bit work-up to find the cause of your anemia. If you do have iron deficiency anemia- then oral iron may hep you as long as you absorb and tolerate it. Depend on how low your iron is, if you take it once a day for 5 month- i don't think you will overdose. But again, you will have blood work to be done soon, so you will see.
Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 20 years experience
No: Fe absorption is relatively inefficient. Sangobion (fe gluconate) comes in caps, and liquid formulations for younger pts. I assume you are taking a cap/day, equivalent to 30mg elemental fe with each dose. That's really not much. For patients with anemia, the goal is to correct the anemia, which can take many weeks, then replete fe stores. Work w/ your dr. To confirm correction of both.