U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Detroit, MI
A 55-year-old male asked:

I am experiencing chest tightness (quality: dull or achy) . the following also describes me: chest pain or discomfort. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Depends: Chest tightness can be a symptom of heart disease but may be may other things such as esophageal spasms, respiratory disorders (asthma, COPD, bronchitis, infections), and muscle problems to name a few. It really depends on the clinical situation and other symptoms you may be having. If you are having symptoms currently go to the Emergency Department NOW!
Last updated Feb 5, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.