A member asked:

I am experiencing chest pain or discomfort (time frame: gradual) (side: left) (severity: mild) (quality: sensation of pressure or heaviness) . the following also describe me: cigarette smoking and chest tightness. what should i do?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Time to see a doctor: Chest pressure or pain, with or without trouble breathing, are signs that he should talk with his doctor right away or go to the ER. In adults, chest pain can be a heart attack. If it turns out not to be myocarditis, heart attack symptoms, or anxiety attack symptoms, the ER will also have checked for problems such as a collapsed lung, pneumonia, or heartburn.

Answered 4/21/2018



Related Questions

Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question