A male asked:

i have astigmatism of -0.5 in my right eye and +0.25 in my left eye of hyperopia after lasik. its been 5 months. my vision feels very unbalanced.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
24 years experience Ophthalmology
Astigmatism: What is your full refraction? If the only issue is the astigmatism it might get better with a couple of options: using artificial tears, using Restasis or Xiidra if you have dry eyes which 99% of post LASIK patients have. If this does not help, you will need a contact lens over refraction to check to be sure correcting the astigmatism with a re-touch LASIK will correct the issue. Consult with us.
Answered on Jan 2, 2017
Dr. Richard Carlin
49 years experience Ophthalmology
May need enhancement: Talk to your surgeon. If this doesn't resolve over time and if it is stable , you may want to consider an enhancement to balance your vision better.
Answered on Jan 2, 2017