Peru, IN

54f, chronic mod to severe spondylosis and stenosis from neck down. having upper & mid back pain shooting into chest; can be hard to breathe.

Dr.
Referred pain: This could very well be referred pain from the nerve compression due to cervical stenosis however chest and mud back pain could be due to other serious cardiac causes such as an aneurysm or an impending heart attack/ angina. You need to visit the Emergency department immediately
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Be sern: Although it may be coming from spinal stenosis in your thoracic area, it would be wise to be seen and rule out a cardiac or pulmonary cause, especially with the mention of associated chest pain and difficulty breathing.
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Location important: Will need more information. What is the location of the stenosis. Need to know more about your medical condition to advise you. You can discuss this with your physician