Dublin, CA

Hi, i have a pulsing sensation in my stomach, right below my belly button. it is keeping me awake. i have had a history with stomach sensitivity to coffee. i had some coffee today. i was wondering if the pulsing is gas bubbles or something more serious? i

Dr. Patrick Connerly
Probably: Yes, this can be from gut overactivity stimulated by the coffee. If it persists after no coffee for 13 hours, consider other cause.
Dr. Julie Chao
Anesthesiology 30 years experience
Stomach pulse: The stomach pulsation can be caused by hypertension. Do you have high blood pressure? Caffeine can increase heart rate that may also causing the symptoms.
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Pulsation: You are young, and it would be unusual for this to an aneurysm. Actually, if you are thin you can feel your Aorta.
Dr. Louise Andrew
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
SO it is probably just the normal pulsing of blood through the largest vessel in your body. Try to find a position to sleep in which you do not notice it.
Dec 19, 2016
Pathology 45 years experience
Your aorta: Every trim person has a pulse there. Many of us not discover it as adults. Mention it to your physician on your next visit.

Last updated Mar 22, 2020