FL

what is the best way to heal a quad strain fast? i did this on tuesday in my soccer game. and i felt something pull up in my quad again in mylast game

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine 23 years experience
Rest, ice: Quad strains can be very mild (Grade 1) to severe (Grade 3) with severe involving major tearing. Recurrence is common if you return to sprinting too soon. Avoid stretching the quad b/c the muscle is already overstretched. Rest from jogging until you have been pain-free with everyday activities for 5-7 days. Then jogging/biking before sprinting. Do not push through pain. Ice x 20 min 2-4 times/day.