I strained my hamstring while i was sprinting in soccer. it hurts a lot and i'm unable to straighten the leg without pain. how long will it take to recover?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

Give it some rest. If the sprain occurred more than a day ago, you may use warm compresses. You could take acetaminophen/paracetamol, no more than 4 g in one day, no alcohol. It may take a week or so for you to recover. After that resume your activities at a low intensity and increase as you tolerate it. Wish you good health!

Answered 4/23/2022

0 views

Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM answered

Specializes in Podiatry

This is a condition that can be seriously debilitating and needs to be addressed. You need to start to stretch with ice massage followed by stretching and then applying ice on a daily basis. You are very young this is something you might need to be concerned with for the rest of your life. This is something you should be aware of for the rest of your life possibly. Some thing I’ve had to do

Answered 4/27/2022

0 views