i've been told i have loose chordae tendinae. could this have been misinterperated on the echo and be something else?

Dr.
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Valve prolapse: chordae tendenae in a structure that normally exist in every heart, it is related to 2 of the valves of the heart: the mitral valve and the tricuspid valve it is like a tendon that connect the undersurface of these valves to a strong muscle, in order to make sure the valve close in the proper line. diseases of the chordae can make the valve either narrow or loose and leaking in the wrong direction
Answered on Nov 26, 2016
1