Not sure if you do dentistry too but my q is if i eat a bag of gummi bears & then brush teeth right after, will that prevent the sugar from damaging?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Sort of: Sugars + acids = cavities. Sticky candy, such as Gummy Bears, adhere to the teeth. Immediate debris removal is helpful, but you also have to clean between teeth where the food debris seems to lodge. That means not only brushing, but also flossing or using an oral irrigator every day. And make sure to have regular Dental examinations and professional cleanings. Don't depend on toothbrush alone

Answered 11/17/2016

889 views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

It will help: Proper brushing and flossing will always help prevent cavities.

Answered 11/18/2016

885 views

Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Sugars and cavities: The development of dental caries (cavities) is directly proportional to the length of time sugars are in contact with you teeth. In other words, brushing, flossing and rinsing right after having a bag of candies is better than not doing that, but avoiding or limiting your intake of unrefined sugars is even better. Sticky foods with sugars are worse than let's say chocolate.

Answered 1/14/2017

884 views