United Kingdom

i seem to get an ear pain in the middle of the night. it is usually when i'm laying on my side but can be when i lay on my back. it often wakes me up?

Dr.
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
See ENT: Ear pain that is severe enough to wake you up and us present only on a lying down position could be due to a lesion present in your ear that is compressing nearby structures when you lie flat. It does not sound like an infection or inflammation. I would strongly recommend visiting an ENT specialist for review
Dr. Ivy Fisher
Ear pain at night: If this middle ear pain is chronic art night, a referral to head and neck MD thru virtual appt at health tap or referral from your MD would be important to determine how the ear drum appears, and rule lout a foreign body, infection, cholesteotoma, lesions.

Last updated Oct 22, 2016