East Hampton, CT

I hit the top of my foot. swelled up and bleed under the skin. sciatica now and numb foot top and bottom. could the hit cause the sciatica pain?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Unusual: But if you are assuming a different gait or posture to compensate for the pain and swelling, you may end up with pain elsewhere . If the problem persists, consult an orthopedist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
No: I think the numbness in the foot is related to the injury you describe. Ice the foot. If a hematoma is present (collection of blood) you may need it drained.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Connections.: One can certainly understand how hitting the top of the foot could cause numbness on the top of the foot. Perhaps, through compensation, or favoring your foot, the leg or even your back was secondarily affected. Is sounds remote, but stranger things have happened. If the issue persists, have the leg evaluated.
Last updated Jun 7, 2017