TX

how long does it take for iron levels to go back to normal when adding more to your diet?

Dr. Michael Benoit
3-6 months total: The anemia related to iron deficiency starts resolving within a few weeks of replacement and should resolve by 2 months. It is recommended iron therapy continue for 3-6 months after the anemia resolves to ensure full restoration of your iron stores.
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dietary: Iron really will not have much of an effect on Iron Stores or Blood levels by itself.... Supplemental Iron is the best way to increase the body's Iron Supply! I hope this answers your question ..I assume you have a low iron level and want to "normalize" it "naturally" Hope this is helpful Dr Z