12 weeks postpartum, mirena (levonorgestrel) inserted at 6 weeks. a transvaginal u/s showed thick endometrium of 2cm, ct scan shows confluent endometrial calcification. my dr says its normal, but want i a 2nd opinion?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Alan Patterson
41 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Would ahve to see th: Scan , but when you have mirena, (levonorgestrel) the Progesterone should make endometrium thinner, and if you have an endometrial clacification , it depends how big it is and if there is a question an in office hysteroscopy can be done to look inside the uterus make sure eevrything looks ok and can check the iuddand do an biopsy of the tissue to make sure it is ok, u could ? Have some retained old placen tissue.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014
1
Dr. Eric Goodman
26 years experience Radiology
Clinical correlation: The presence of " calcification " is not a normal finding unless it was the radiopaque iud. Sometimes the two are confused without providing the history of an iud. 2 cm endometrial thickness is only significant in cases of abnormal bleeding. The findings needed to be correlated with your symptoms and discussed with the doctor who ordered the exam.
Answered on May 22, 2015
2