Eagle Pass, TX

My period always lasts 7 days and today is the 9th day . why is that? is that normal? and i been trying to get pregnant for a year and no luck.

Dr. Christina Adberg
Not normal: Bleeding more than 7 days is not considered normal. However in a young and otherwise healthy woman who has never had this before, I'm not very worried. I would not pursue it except that you are trying to conceive. For that reason, i would see your gynecologist for an evaluation. Irregular bleeding can be from polyps, fibroids, infections, or hormone changes that could impact your fertility.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016