Stearns, KY

I've had 1 period in the last six months with negative pregnancy tests and normal thyroid levels. my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. what could be my problem?

Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Specializes in Gynecology
Ovulation: With 1 period in the last 6 months, you are not ovulating monthly. Without ovulation to make the egg, your chance to get pregnant is much less. Visit your doctor to find out why you don't make the egg.
Dr. Samuel Freedman
Pregnant: About a thousand things. See your gyn first to rule out some common causes. They may refer you to a specialist or place you on medication. They will need to take a good history and perform a comprehensive physical as a starting point.

Last updated Mar 1, 2016