I had bleeding ulcer 18 years ago. For 3 weeks, I have severe heartburn, level 10. The pain is really bad. Do I have another possible ulcer?

Dr. Donald Colantino
60 years experience in Internal Medicine
Ulcer: Heartburn alone is not a classic symptom of peptic ulcer which usually causes aching discomfort in the pit of the stomach relieved by eating food, taking antacids or ppi medication like nexium or prilosec. Of course you could have GERD and a duodenal ulcer simultaneously. You should consult a gastroenterologist for evaluation and proper treatment. Appropriate tests, dietary advice will be provided
Answered on Sep 26, 2016